The minibuses are available to not-for-profit community and voluntary groups in the East, West, South East of Glasgow and East Dunbartonshire.
All minibuses are operated under the Section 19 Small Bus Permit legislation, which means:
- A minibus can only be hired by CTG members – they cannot be hired by individuals or members of the general public.
- A minibus cannot be hired for activities (or as part of activities) which are profit making. Therefore, vehicles cannot be hired by residential homes, nursing homes or nurseries operating on a profit-making basis.
- Whilst on hire, a minibus can only be driven by someone on the CTG Register of Approved Drivers – any other drivers will not be insured.
Whilst all vehicles may be hired on a “self-drive” or “with-driver” basis, please remember that demand for often exceeds supply and CTG cannot guarantee availability.
We have a fleet of 16 vehicles ranging from 8-16 seats (standard and accessible).
Please we prefer booking requests to be made by e-mail, we appreciate that not all groups will have access to e-mail, in this instance you can book by telephoning the booking telephone number: 0845 605 5955
Healthy Journeys Patient Transport Project
This is a volunteer car scheme which will improve access to health related appointments for elderly people in the North East of Glasgow. It is a free service. Volunteers, using their own cars, take patients to their GP or hospital appointments and deliver them home safely after their appointment.
We aim to reduce missed appointments and make it easier for older people who have transport or other difficulties to access health services so that they can maintain their health and independence and avoid hospital stays in the long run. Community transport may be someone’s only transport option where they cannot use or access public or private transport e.g. due to distance from bus stops and/or journey time, accessibility, cost and safety concerns. The project is funded by The Glasgow Third Sector Transformation Fund.
To use this service you must be:
- over the age of 65
- living in the North East area of Glasgow
- mobile enough to get in and out of a car by yourself
- experiencing difficulty in getting to health appointments
Ask a health professional to register you with the service by calling 0845 605 5955. Once registered you can call us directly to arrange transport for appointments.
We also offer: